Skip to main content

First post!! DOUBTS?!

I have read somewhere that some professional writers can take several months to start their writing project, even if they have the general idea of what they want to ay and how to say it. I think it makes sense. When a lot hangs on whether people are going to keep reading whatever you wrote or they will never pick up something with your name on it, then a lot of weight is put into the opening statement. At least to capture them enough to show your ideas. Good thing at this point I really don't care if someone (you) reads this or not. Actually, to be honest, I prefer that nobody reads it :D.

Well, why then write it in the first place if I prefer that no one reads it? Ok, I will be frank with no beating around the bush, I was looking for new work and in my line of work, it was in many of the desirable criteria to have something with general writing. I have been thinking about starting a blog a long time ago but never had the real motive to. I think it is because I consider myself your average joe kind of a guy and have nothing really that utterly important to add. At least that is what I used to think :D. I still think the same but I have just come to the realization that even the most minor or normal experiences can give a motive or guide someone else or shed some light on something or even make someone think about something from a new perspective, even if he or she is against that perspective. 

Like it was stated in the movie "The fault in our stars" which I never saw, by the way, some people have the fear of being forgotten, and of course like the rest of the fears/phobias, it has one of those stupidly long names, which makes people sound smart 😛 "athazagoraphobia". Maybe that is my real motive, cause lets be frank who would want to live and die without leaving an impact?? even if it is a minor one? I mean I would feel pretty much useless if I did, actually, it is even worse than useless cause I would have used up a bit of the resources of the planet, without giving back.

So, much to your luck or maybe lack of it, I decided to try my hand at getting out there and see how things go. So since I have been sucked into this whirlpool called medicine and all my choices in life are influenced by it, it was only fitting to make it the center of my blog. How did medicine influence my life? my professional choices even in non-medical ones? sports? diet? reading, leisurely of course? and how is life living with medicine? successes and fails, med school and its nonsense and to top it all practicing medicine in my old dear country.

Also, i will post some articles about my personal experience with some exams and how i went about them, could work for some people and be the demise of the majority. You only follow those on your own responsibility. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Credit score

After starting in the NHS and sorting out all the basic stuff as per each one priorities, you will get to the point where you have to have a pause and look at your finances and what do you want to achieve next, whether it is FIRE (financial independence, retire early), buying a house, investing, sorting out pension finances or just saving money and amounting interest. I have been reading on this and this is my collective experience so far. This is going to be my first entry about Finances, saving and investing in the UK Credit score For me personally achieving financial goals starts with hopefully buying a house. So it all then starts with credit score and building it. I am going to mention the steps I have found that improve the score.  It is the way lenders assess how likely you are to pay back the debt if they lend you money by taking a look at your past behaviour with other debts. To find your credit score or report, or you need is to sign up to any of the big credit reporting comp

Drug Companies & Doctors: A Story of Corruption by Marcia Angell 2009

Recently Senator Charles Grassley, ranking Republican on the Senate Finance Committee, has been looking into financial ties between the pharmaceutical industry and the academic physicians who largely determine the market value of prescription drugs. He hasn’t had to look very hard. Take the case of Dr. Joseph L. Biederman, professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and chief of pediatric psychopharmacology at Harvard’s Massachusetts General Hospital. Thanks largely to him, children as young as two years old are now being diagnosed with bipolar disorder and treated with a cocktail of powerful drugs, many of which were not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for that purpose and none of which were approved for children below ten years of age. Legally, physicians may use drugs that have already been approved for a particular purpose for any other purpose they choose, but such use should be based on good published scientific evidence. That seems not to be the ca

Interviews and getting a job "The elusive scary Scarecrow"

I was lucky enough to be involved in the interviewing panel in my trust. It was such an interesting experience to see things done from the other side and on what basis selection or points are being awarded. I am mainly going to be talking about medicine but it might be applicable to other specialties, also I have to say this is for non-training jobs which generally are less competitive and more flexible. The tricky bit is to have your application shortlisted. There are obviously some requirements that are out of your hand as an applicant as having GMC registration, it is going to be more difficult in the meantime to get the job and the reason is understandable, the trusts want to appoint doctors for rota gaps and it doesn't make sense to take a gamble in the COVID time and then risk having issues later. A way around it is to email the HR person mentioned in the application and express your interest in the job and the city, be honest and tell them why your registration has not be